Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. This policy may change from time to time in our discretion, and your continued use of our Site is deemed to be acceptance of such changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
What Information Must You Share?
The amount and type of information we collect from you depends on your activities and use of our Site. Below, we explain what information we collect.
When you browse our Site:
- We may collect your IP address to measure Site traffic and to help provide a relevant shopping experience.
- If you come to our Site via a link, we may collect the location of the link that referred you.
- We may collect information about the browser you are using to help optimize our Site for visitors.
- We may keep track of pages you visit to help provide you with a more personalized shopping experience.
When you make purchases through our Site:
- We will collect your shipping and billing information to process your order. This includes your name, shipping address, billing address, email address, telephone number, and credit card number.
- We may collect additional information contained in “cookies,” such as your purchases and login data, to personalize your shopping experience. Your browser may be required to accept cookies if you wish to add items to a shopping cart.
When you create an account on our Site:
- We collect your name, e-mail address, and password to protect your account. You can help ensure your privacy by not sharing your login information or password.
When you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter through our Site:
- We collect your name and e-mail address to subscribe you to our e-mail newsletter. You may manage your e-mail newsletter subscriptions online through the Site.
When you request a catalog through our Site:
- We collect your name, address and telephone number.
When you communicate with us through our Site:
- We collect your e-mail address and the other information that you provide in order to respond to your communication.
When you enter contests, participate in surveys, or register for other activities on our Site:
- We collect your name, e-mail address and telephone number, and the other information that is required for entry or participation, which varies depending on the activity.
How is Your Personal and Account Information Used?
- We may occasionally send you promotional or product information. If you do not wish to receive promotional or product information, you may opt out of future communications by following the instructions in the e-mail communication.
- In addition, in order to measure how we are doing and to better understand how we can improve our product offerings, we or one of our service providers or strategic partners may contact you by telephone or e-mail and solicit your participation in research.
- If you become our customer, we may send you updates on important information about our company and services.
How is Your Personal and Account Information Shared?
Other than as disclosed below, we will not share, rent, trade nor sell the information you provide. We may disclose aggregate, non personal information about Site users in order to describe our service to prospective business partners and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
- We may share your personal and account information with our third party services providers, including but not limited to our credit card processors, Site developers and hosts, advertising agencies, and other services providers, whose use of your information is limited to providing services to us.
- We may disclose your personal and account information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, as required by law, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site; or in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk
- Your personal and account information may also be disclosed in connection with a sale, merger, amalgamation, financing, re-organization, liquidation, or insolvency of our business or a merger with another company. Upon completion of the transaction or event, your personal information would be transferred to our successor-in-interest to be used for the purposes for which it was collected.
How is Your Personal and Account Information Protected?
- We have implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your personal and account information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords, firewalls and Secure Socket Layers, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems and processed by our third party service providers. In addition, our employees and any third parties we use are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of your information.
- Your personal and account information and transaction history are kept behind our firewall on separate servers.
- We keep your information only for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods.
How third parties serve you our advertisements on other websites and your choices.
For information about opt out programs these third party advertising companies participate in and the effect of opting out, click on the following: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ (you will leave this Website for a centrally managed online site where you can specify your preference under those programs). You can also click on the icon that may appear on some of our advertising served through these technologies. We may use more than one third party company for placing this advertising, which would require you to opt out of each company.
What are cookies, pixel tags and URL Links, and how are these used on our websites or in our emails?
Our Websites use, and our third party service providers may also use, Pixel Tags (also known as Web beacons, Web bugs, and Clear GIFs) on the Websites and in emails. A Pixel Tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Webpage or email message. Pixel Tags may be used to collect the same information about your visit that is collected through cookies, as noted above. We may also collect information about a search engine used, and a search engine advertisement clicked to navigate to the Websites. Pixel Tags in emails help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails (including your interaction with our Websites as a result of receiving the email) and the time our email is viewed. This information helps us to make similar evaluations about our Websites and emails as with cookies and to determine the most desired features and information so that we can provide those features and information to you and personalize our interactions with you. This information may also be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you from your visits to our Websites.
In addition, our email communications to you may include a "click-through URL" linked to a particular page on one of our Websites. By clicking on one of the URLs, you will automatically enter one of our Websites and we may collect information related to the "click-through". You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on the URL links in our email communications.
How Can You Contact Us?
The Faribault Woolen Mill Company
1500 NW 2nd Avenue
Faribault, Minnesota 55021
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Application and Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the above contact information.