Ingeo™ fiber is an ingenious new material that's made from plants, not oil. Manufactured in the U.S.A. by NatureWorks LLC, plant sugars are used to produce a performance textile fiber that is soft to the touch, made from annually renewable resources, and environmentally friendly. Produced in Blair, NE, Ingeo fiber is economically sustainable, while offering superior performance characteristics.
The Faribault Woolen Mill Company is proud to be a partner with NatureWorks and to offer beautiful blankets and throws made with Ingeo. From raw material to final production, our Ingeo products are truly environmentally friendly and 100% grown and made in the USA.
Ingeo's eco-profile starts with plants consuming CO2 from the atmosphere and ends with the production of our Ingeo blankets, keeping the total energy use, raw material use, air and water emissions, and total solid waste produced minimized from harvest to finish.
Benefits of Ingeo:
- Completely hypo-allergenic
- Does not support the proliferation of microbes like bacteria, viruses or fungi
- Minimizes cost of maintenance by significantly reducing water temperature and dry time requirements
- Naturally versatile: moisture wicking, zero odor retention, wrinkle free, and an inherent flame retardency
- The first and only man made performance fabric from 100% annually renewable resources
- Requires 68% less energy to produce than polyester or nylon resulting in decreased greenhouse gasses
- Made in the United States with annually renewable materials, saves 1.6 million barrels annually
Ingeo does not
To request more information please contact us.